Thursday, June 14, 2012

June Birthdays

Yesterday we celebrated my brother Tim's birthday, my dad's birthday, AND Father's Day. (We are very efficient in my family!)

For Tim, our gift to him is going to see his favorite soccer team Chelsea play AC Milan in Miami next month. I made him a "ticket" to the event, and put it in this card.


And as for my dad, I was in Joann's buying fabric for another project, when my mom and I found the PERFECT Michigan fleece fabric. Two of my dad's favorite thing are the University of Michigan and anything with an argyle pattern on it. So how could I pass this stuff up?


So last week while dad was gone at general assembly, I spent an evening making a no-sew fleece tie blanket (I have no idea what the real name is). There are plenty of tutorials online for this, and it's SUPER easy to do. Just a little time consuming. I feel like I tied about 4,000 knots. But it's a good project to do while watching a movie. The trickiest part was finding a surface large enough to work on (I used 2.5 yards of both the front and back fabrics). Here is my dad with the finished project!


As much as he loved his blanket, I know that his FAVORITE gift was the Muether Family Journal that my sister and I write every June and December.



No comments:

Post a Comment