Monday, June 25, 2012

Lobster Picnic from 2009

Our plans to go to Maine this summer fell through. Half of my family is up there right now though, and this weekend they had a lobster picnic (or they at least had lobster. I'm not so sure about the picnic part). Anyway, I don't have anything new to show (yet), so I thought I would post a page I did years ago on one of our past lobster picnics. I can't believe this was already 3 years ago!

This also shows how super easy and inexpensive it can be to make a scrapbook page. Seriously, all I did was get some blue paper, some red-checked paper that I thought looked picnic-y (which I ripped along the edges--using a ruler to keep a mostly straight line), and then a big lobster sticker. I cut out the pictures so that they would fit, stuck them down in a haphazard-y fashion, and used my Cricut to make large letters for the word "Picnic." The lobster sticker is the most expensive thing on this page (it cost a few dollars at Michaels).


I'm trying really hard not to be bummed that I'm not in Maine with the family, but instead stuck in Florida (which is quickly turning into one big swamp thanks to Tropical Storm Debby). Reliving these pages is not helping! Here is a sneak peek at what I've started working on to distract myself. I grabbed this ugly tray from Goodwill a few weeks ago. It's going to get a huge make-over (if it will ever stop raining long enough for me to get outside to spray paint!).


No comments:

Post a Comment