Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Christmas Adam"

Sharing another layout that I did a few weeks ago. These were pictures of our Christmas celebration with my family. Since we were spending the actual Christmas day with Dave's family, my fam was nice and let us open gifts on December 23, or what we've always called Christmas Adam. (If you can't figure out why, it's the day before Christmas Eve.)

For a little explanation of the family traditions going on here: for Christmas lunch we always have appetizer-like food (everyone gets to pick their favorites, and it's always delicious). I try to take a picture of the food every year, and it's fun comparing what changes over the years. The paper my dad is reading is our "family journal" that my sister and I write at least once a year (we try to do it more often... so maybe twice a year). It's mostly full of inside family jokes, but it's always hilarious. Dad's smiling because he hasn't yet gotten to the article we wrote about him. :-)

And now about the scrapbook layout: I had a really fun pack of Christmas-themed paper, and I chose the red and turquoise for a little non-traditional Christmas color. Turns out I happened to have perfect ribbon to match too! The letters are cut out from my Cricut, and the journaling is stamped with brown ink. 



No comments:

Post a Comment