Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good Luck Card

I can finally reveal one of the cards I made over the weekend. My sister Annie is starting her dental hygiene program today. For the past year and a half she has been taking her prerequisites, getting awesome grades, and a few months ago she found out that she was accepted into the super competitive dental hygiene program. I'm so proud of her! :-)

So as today is her first day of classes, I wanted to make her a little encouraging "Good Luck" card. A few months ago I found these perfect Mrs. Grossman stickers, which apparently are now considered "vintage," as I found out through a quick Google search. (Someone is selling two tiny sheets of these stickers on ebay for $2.99! Crazy!)

The paper I used for the letters I got for super cheap at Tuesday Morning (never would have thought that they would sell scrapbook supplies, but they are actually awesome. You have to dig a bit--which I think is fun--and they don't have a big selection, but everything is marked way down.) I used my Cricut machine and Sure Cuts a Lot software to cut out the letters.

The whole family signed the card and we gave it to her last night at dinner. Here's to hoping she has a wonderful first day!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Joy! I didn't know you were into scrapbooking- let's have a scrapbooking party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes! We must have a scrapbooking party. I plan on cleaning up my scrap room this weekend, to make it fit for guests. It's one enormous mess right now.

    ReplyDelete