Monday, May 7, 2012

Snow Day Flashback

As we are already roasting in the 90s here, I thought I would look back on some colder days. (I am working on some new projects, but I can't share them with the world because they are still secrets!)

This layout is from 2010 when we had a quick but heavy snow on Lookout Mountain. It ended up being only a few inches, but on the Mountain that's enough to shut everything down. Then the snow melted a little, and froze overnight, and we woke up to a crazy winter wonderland. We couldn't get down the mountain for church, so we spent the day with Aaron and Megan, and had some students over for lunch.

What's great about scrapbooking, is even though this wasn't necessarily a huge event in our lives (not a vacation, or a graduation, or a holiday), it is still a wonderful memory and now that I have these pictures and the page that tells the story, I'll always remember it.

The trickiest part of this layout was that I attempted to print on vellum paper. My printer did NOT like that. The ink wouldn't dry and stick, and it was frustrating. I eventually got it to work (if I remember right, the trick was to set the printer to the transparency setting and letting it dry for hours). I also tore up some plain white cardstock to resemble snow at the bottom of the page. Add some coordinating paper and some shimmery snowflake stickers, and you have a layout.



On a warmer note, my mom, sister, and I had a great time at the beach. Only a tad bit burned in a few places, but it was worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment