Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Cards

I can now reveal the cards I made for Mother's Day! I had some leftover hydrangeas from doing this project, so I used some of the remaining flowers for these cards. I'm still searching for the best adhesive for pressed flowers. Right now my laminating machine does a great job, especially for large groupings of flowers like this. Not sure if I like it so much for individual flowers, though.

Anyway, these were pretty simple to put together (except for the yellow one, which I did as a window card. That one was a little more complicated). A fun trick for printing on scraps of paper like I did in these cards, is to first print your title/sentiment/whatever on a regular piece of paper, then cut your separate piece of cardstock to whatever size you need, and then lightly tape that cardstock directly onto the words you just printed on the regular paper. (Make sure everything fits and is lined up the way you want it.) Then put that same paper through the printer again (printing the same document as before). This is a nice trick to avoid having to hand write anything! (Good to know for people with sloppy handwriting like me.)







It was also my in-laws wedding anniversary last week, so I made them this card as well:



This one was super easy and fun to put together: starting with a fun blank card, I added a border with flower punches and brads, and a small sentiment that I adhered using 3 dimensional sticky squares to give it some depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment