Saturday, May 5, 2012

Orlando City vs Philadelphia Union

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!! (No, I'm not making that up.) I was so excited to bring you this layout that I woke up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning to finish it up! (Okay, that is definitely not true. What is true is that once I woke up, I couldn't go back to sleep. So might as well scrapbook.)

Last February, the six of us went to see Orlando City play the MLS team Philadelphia Union play at the Citrus Bowl. I'm not a huge soccer fan myself, but even I thought this was an exciting game. They tied 1-1, but Orlando didn't score until the 92nd minute, and the way the crowd went wild made it feel pretty much like we did win. I even got a picture of the tying goal!

Instead of including any personal journaling in this layout, I saved the Orlando Sentinel write-up about the game. I also wanted to challenge myself to fit everything on to a single page layout, which was a bit tricky! I ended up having to toss some extraneous pictures, and cropping things really close. In the end, I like how compact everything looks.

I'm usually bad about doing this, but I'm trying to be better about labeling the names of people on the page. Not that I think I'm going to forget Matt and Melinda's (or my siblings') names, but I figure that down the road my kids/grandkids will probably appreciate knowing who everyone is!

Have a great Saturday! I'm off to the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment