Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Friends

Happy Tuesday!

I've got another oldie layout to share today. (Life keeps getting in the way and preventing any new creations! Hopefully that will change tonight.)

Before we moved down to FL, Dave and I were living up in Georgia and were neighbors/co-workers with our best friends Aaron and Megan. We were so sad to leave them when we moved. I had a lot of random photos of us together that didn't really need a page of their own, but I wanted to scrapbook them nonetheless. So I ended up grouping together all the odd pictures into a page of their own.

Megan and I used to watch a lot of Friends episodes while we scrapbooked together, so I found a free font online to use as the title. My usual trick is to print out my title on normal printer paper, then rub the entire back side with a blunt pencil. Then I lay the paper (right side up) over wherever I want to letters to go, and carefully outline the lettering with a sharp pencil (or pen, or whatever). It helps to lightly tape the paper to your layout, to prevent any movement that could mess up the design. When I'm done and I've removed the printer paper, there's a light transfer left on the layout, which I outline and fill in however I want. This time I filled in the letters with a white pen. I use this trick all the time when I don't feel like printing something straight onto my layout, but still want to use a computer font.

Enjoy all these goofy pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment