Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spring Layout

I am THIS close to finishing a super cool new layout, but sadly I didn't have it done in time for this post. It will be cool though, and I tried a new technique (successfully!) that I've been wanting to do for ages.

So instead of posting that one, I'm posting an old one from two (or three?) years ago. This one shows how easy scrapbooking can be, even if you don't have a lot of supplies. It's another one of those layouts that includes random photos that didn't warrant their own page. So I just put them all together under the heading "Spring Fun." I used colorful background paper, some coordinating solid green and yellow paper, stickers for the title, and some brads and ribbon scraps. The yellow paper under the words "Spring Fun" I stamped with green ink to give it an interesting background (I like that it looks like patterned paper, but nope it's just a stamp!).

One thing I really miss about living in Georgia is the spring bulbs--crocuses and tulips especially!



Oh! I must share a wonderful new tool I discovered the other day. You may have noticed how I like to pack (as much as possible) my pages with lots and lots of pictures (to me, the pictures are the point of the scrapbook). Well, I usually run into a problem since the majority of my pictures are 4x6, and you can only crop 4x6 pictures so much (and since I zoom so much in my pictures, cropping is usually very minor). I've always wanted to be able to print some of my pictures at a 2x3 or 3x4 size, which I know I can manage with photoshop, but wow is that a pain.

Photosheet solves that! It lets you put multiple pictures in a 4x6 sheet, then you can print it at any photo place for the normal price of a regular 4x6. Genius! (This would also be great way to save money on wallet prints, if you are needing those). This way I can print out tons more photos, some in smaller sizes, and still fit them all in my album. Plus it breaks up the 4x6 monotony! So if you have tons of adorable baby pictures, or maybe a million vacation pictures, this would be a great way to include them all without sacrificing too much space (or money).

I've got one to two super crummy layouts that I want to re-do. I think I'm going to use Photosheet reprint the pictures and include even more in the new layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment